Commitment to Child Safe
We have specific policies, procedures and training in place that support our leadership team, staff and volunteers to achieve these commitments.
Essex Heights’ Principles for Child Safety
In its planning, decision-making and operations, Essex Heights Primary School will:
1. Take a preventative, proactive and participatory approach to child safety.
2. Value and empower children to participate in decisions which affect their lives.
3. Foster a culture of openness that supports all persons to safely disclose risks of harm to children.
4. Respect diversity in cultures and child rearing practices while keeping child safety paramount.
5. Provide written guidance on appropriate conduct and behaviour towards children.
6. Engage only the most suitable people to work with children and have high quality staff and volunteer supervision and professional development.
7. Ensure children know who to talk with if they are worried or are feeling unsafe, and that they are comfortable and encouraged to raise such issues.
8. Report suspected abuse, neglect or mistreatment promptly to the appropriate authorities.
9. Share information appropriately and lawfully with other organisations where the safety and wellbeing of children is at risk.
10. Value the input of and communicate regularly with families and carers.
Child Safe Code of Conduct
All staff, volunteers and board members of Essex Heights Primary School (EHPS) are required to observe child safe principles and expectations for appropriate behaviour towards and in the company of children.
Helpful Links for Parents/Carers and Students